" If your dog is fat you are not getting enough exercise"

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sasha

I've been working with Sasha for almost a year now.  When she first came to me her owners brought her in for Degenerative Disc Disease (DJD).  She had jumped off the bed and then wouldn't move. I believe we adjusted her 4 times (her thoracic spine/middle back was the worst) and she was back to her good old self running around and jumping up and down like nothing had happened.  I hadn't seen Sasha for about 3 months or so when her owners brought her in with complaints that she was acting different.  She wasn't eating or drinking and was panting a lot.  She was in and out of the vets office a few times and had gotten fluids.  When I examined her, I found that her upper cervical spine was very tender and really out of alignment!  We did another short series of adjustments and had put her on a maintenance schedule every few months to make sure she stayed feeling well.  Last week Sasha's owners drove a total of 4 hours to bring her to me when she started limping for no reason (her owners are really great!).  Her lumbar spine (lower back) was out of alignment this time.  She hadn't done anything besides walk through some deep snow but that might have been just enough to throw her back out of alignment.  I checked in with her owners on Monday and she was doing a little better but still limping.  I will she her again this week and hopefully she has made some marked improvements.  Sasha is a older dog but responds great to her adjustments! Hopefully she will bounce back just as quickly from this last episode. 
Sasha's gait last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment