" If your dog is fat you are not getting enough exercise"

Monday, May 9, 2011

Glucosamine Supplements

The majority of pets I see come to me with some kind of joint pain and or arthritis/degeneration and that's why I usually recommend some kind of glucosamine supplement for owners to add to their pets diet.  Glucosamine is an amino sugar which is the precursor to glycosaminoglycans which is the main component of joint cartilage.  Supplementation of glcosamine may help to prevent cartilage degeneration and help with cases of arthritis, disc disease and osteoarthritis.  Dogs with longer backs and shorter legs like my little Dachshund, Winston, has been taking Phycox daily since he was a baby to help prevent early disc disease which is common among dwarf gene breeds.  Senior pets, athletic pets, pets with hip and knee problems and of course back and neck issues could all benefit from a glucosamine supplement to help protect their joints. Always make sure to check with your veterinarian before starting your dog on any new supplement. 
Winston and my daughter Zoe

5 comments:

  1. I love the new look Kristy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time visit here. From the tons of comments on your articles,I guess I am not only one having all the enjoyment right here! aminoacitic acid

    ReplyDelete
  3. References - Paul, B. (2018, December 5). Boron Testosterone Research Studies - Benefits, Side Effects & Dosage Guide! Retrieved December 5, 2018, from https://testosteroneofficial.com/research/ashwagandha/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a really good article. You make this information interesting and engaging. You give readers a lot to think about and I appreciate that kind of writing. joint supplements for men

    ReplyDelete